The bailout bill just passed by the US Senate has been stuffed with pork spending and tax breaks to the tune of an extra $100,000,000,000.00 (billion).
Wondering what for?
New Tax earmarks in Bailout bill
– Film and Television Productions (Sec. 502)
– Wooden Arrows designed for use by children (Sec. 503)
– 6 page package of earmarks for litigants in the 1989 Exxon Valdez incident, Alaska (Sec. 504)
Tax earmark “extenders” in the bailout bill.
– Virgin Island and Puerto Rican Rum (Section 308)
– American Samoa (Sec. 309)
– Mine Rescue Teams (Sec. 310)
– Mine Safety Equipment (Sec. 311)
– Domestic Production Activities in Puerto Rico (Sec. 312)
– Indian Tribes (Sec. 314, 315)
– Railroads (Sec. 316)
– Auto Racing Tracks (317)
– District of Columbia (Sec. 322)
– Wool Research (Sec. 325)
That is also not mentioning the “bill stuffed within a bill”. They attached a controversial $3,800,000,000.00 (billion) bill barring health insurance companies from being more strict with mental health patients than with physical health patients. This legislation has been debated for months to no avail, then gets suddenly attached to a $ 700,000,000,000.00 mortgage bailout bill.
Washington, yes Democrats and Republicans, is full of cr*p. It is time to grab a torch, some tar, and some feathers and march on the city. We as taxpayers and citizens need to hold the polictians just as liable for our tax money as the policitians hold corporate America liable for mishandling a company’s funds.
This makes me sick.
And I have not even begun to rant about the language of the bill giving unheard of authority and virtual blank check to the Secretary of the Treasury Mr. Paulsen.